Thursday, May 11, 2006

This is It!

I can't believe I'm really writing this. After reading a friend's blog for several months now, she has finally prodded me to write my own. Well, she actually asked me to write something on her blog, but it took so long to finish the profile that I figured I might as well go ahead and blog something here.

Let me start by giving some background information. I am Dana. I have two precious children, a great husband, a cat, and a dog - who by the way is barking his head off . Anyway, all off my life it has been my desire to be a Special Education Teacher. I never really knew why, that was just the only "real" job I ever had a desire to have. So, my parents, being the good parents they are, sent me off to school to get an education and find a husband. No, no not really. They just sent me to school to get an education. I met my husband after college and after my first teaching job. I was actually teaching in a preschool special education classroom when I met my husband. After we married and our son was born, I realized why I had always had the desire to teach special ed. You see, Blake was born with Spina Bifida (or a hole in his spine). We had no idea.

Fast forward nine years. Blake has overcome almost everything the doctor's have predicited he probably would not do. He now has a five year old sister to deal with and he is as smart as a "whip".

Anyway***
I now know why I always wanted to teach - Blake. Special ed. prepared me for him; however, he prepared me even more for my current job position. You see, I presently teach in a multiple disabilities classroom and I LOVE IT!! These are the most precious children in the world. I truly enjoy going to work everyday. These children teach me to be thankful for my life, appreciate my children, and love my family.

I hope to share more about Blake and his miraculous life. I would also like to introduce you to his sister, Meredith - now she is a character!

I hope to share more with you all soon. Who knows, maybe I'll actually keep on blogging?!?

Dana

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Well lookee there....you're a pro already! Keep it up.....it only gets funner! Call me so I can walk you through some tricks o' the trade. If you see something you like on someone's blog, let me know and I'll help you find out how to put it on here....

Just remember, our parents had pictures to use as blackmail against us, WE have pictures and BLOGGING! Our poor kids! Their poor spouses! HA!