Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I Think I'll Brag

Yes, I am a mother who likes to brag. I am very proud of my children. After all, they are perfect! Ha-ha!!! Well, they are sleeping at the moment.

Today, was an exceptional day.

My oldest, Blake is nine and completing the third grade. He has a great interest in American History, particularly the presidents. Just for fun, he decided to learn all 43 in order last year. He has continued to study and can now tell you when they served, who their wife was (if they had one), probably what years they served, and what number president they were. He also knows other tidbits that for the life of me I can't, or do not care, to remember.

My friend has a child in the 10th grade. She was telling me today that her daughter's U.S History final exam is to list all 43 presidents in order. First and last names. Guess who we consulted for study tips ~

You guessed it - our resident THIRD GRADER.

And just think, nine years ago next month, this child was fighting for his life recovering from surgery thanks to Arnold Chiari Malformation (more on that at a later date). We've been told many times that he should have never made it. I think I may have a right to brag. What do you think?

On to child number two. She deserves her turn. Meredith is five and has been taking gymnastics for almost a full year. I mean full-fledged gymnastics - floor, beam, bars, vault, and trampoline. She loves it! Today was the "ribbon" ceremony. She was so proud that Blake and I got to go in the gym and watch up close. Yes, she loves the attention. This child is not scared one bit. She scales that beam like it is sitting on the floor. You would think she's been walking on it all her life. Of course, she's waving at us the entire time. - No wonder we're no allowed in the gym during normal practice sessions.

At the end of class today, her teacher awarded the ribbons. She did not expect an award - so she was so thrilled to get one. All of the little girls got ribbons. The blue ribbons meant they were able to complete the apparatus independently. A red ribbon.......they needed a little help.

Meredith received 4 Blue Ribbons and 1 Red. (The red for bars. Goodness, have you ever tried to flip over that bar by yourself? ........Me neither!)

I am so proud of them. Their daddy is too.

Just had to let the whole world know!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

And rightly so!

Hey Blake! Here's a bit of presidential trivia for ya:

What famous candy bar is named after a president's daughter?

Let me know if I stumped ya!